H1N1: My Views

hAs of 26th June, there are a total of 365 cases in Singapore! Oh no.. and the number is going to increase. Luckily, there's cure for this H1N1 and it's not as deadly as SARS.
Yesterday's The Straits Times published a section of Q&A about H1N1. If you missed it, let me tell u some parts of it which I think is important and what I think about it.


Q: I hear that you catch H1N1 flu only if an infected person sneezes or coughs near you.

A: Wrong. The virus remains alive on many surfaces for several hours. If an infected person who has some of the virus on his fingers presses a lift button and you press that button a little later, the virus could stick to your finger. If you then rub your nose or touch your eyes, it could infect you.

My Views:
Oh MY!!! ALAMAK! The virus is spread so easily. We do not know who has H1N1 or not.. and since 85% of us live in HDB flats, we are vulnerable to the virus. These does not apply to lift buttons, the Bell button, escalator handles are included too!! ahh!

Maybe we should wash our hands immediately when we reach home. Do not hold the escalator handles unnecessary. We can actually stand on the escalator without the need to hold onto the handles right? If u can't, I think u need to work on the your skill of balancing.


Q: How far away do I need to be from someone who is sneezing, if I want to be safe?

A: Generally, droplets spray out a metre. But a fan or air-conditioning could spread them out a little further. The droplets fall to the ground and do not remain suspended in the air.

My Views:
In Singapore, there are so many air-condition rooms as we have so many shopping centres and such.. also, it's hot here especially in this period of time, many of us prefer to stay indoors.. staying indoors with air-cons will make us more vulnerable.. I think we should stay at least 2 metres away from the person since 1 metre would not be enough.


Q: I'm in a crowded MRT Train and the person standing in front of me is sneezing. What should I do?

A: Offer him a clean tissue if he is not using one. Turn your face away when he sneeze. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue.

My Views:
I'm on the MRT almost everyday and I rarely see people using a tissue when he sneezes. Anyway, u see.. the article also say that you should turn your face away when he sneezes. If u see me turning away.. dun say I'm too sensitive or kiasi or whatever ok.. it's playing safe. haha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stand behind the yellow line?

Put Chai Ko In Singapore